Saturday 2 February 2013

Week 5 Update: Remember to add 'write lists' to my list of things to do.


I really don't like saying “oh, I'm so busy”. It just makes me feel … blah. But, I'm going to do it; just this once.

This past week has felt hectic. My house is in a shambles (packing and moving – who'd do it!); I attended the wedding of two very dear friends (congratulations, love birds); we celebrated the arrival of another of our dear friends' first child (welcome, gorgeous Thomas); I celebrated a milestone birthday (30! I can hardly believe it); and the normal stuff of everyday life continued to roll on (dishes, washing, cooking, cleaning, chasing baby around the house …).

Somewhere in amongst all that I wrote myself a few lists to make sure I didn't forget anything. Still, I don't feel particularly 'together' just now and I am  trying to find a few quiet moments to sit and gather my thoughts. I am feeling somewhat desperate to write some more lists! There are so many things 'to do' rushing around in my head, I need to get them out and in some sort of order.

Part of me feels like I've failed this week's challenge. Then I remind myself that I can't fail – I'm taking a journey, that's all. How can I fail if I'm operating from a place of 'mindful intention'? I really don't think I can. I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and take every chance I can to be in the moment; no matter what it looks (or feels) like.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I like this post a lot! A list for a list for a list! Happy Birthday! The lists can wait especially when you had such a beautiful week with beautiful moments of seeing friends and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Yes, you're right, the lists can wait. It was a beautiful week :)

      I think next week's challenge will have to be gentle so I can consolidate the last few weeks!

      Delete