Sunday 7 April 2013

Week 14 Update: Simpler is simpler.

Simplifying. I like it.

For the past who knows how many years, I have had an email inbox overwhelmed by junk. The time I've spent sifting through unread messages, deleting, reporting spam and eventually finding my way to the stuff I actually needed or wanted to read, doesn't bear thinking about.

This week, instead of sifting, I unsubscribed. And boy, it felt good! I cannot believe I waited so long - years - to deal with this clutter. It's so simple ... and the impact is huge. Now, when I check my emails, chances are the bulk of new messages are things I actually want to open. I can be far more present with what I'm doing because the distractions have dwindled.

As for that pile of stuff next to my computer. It's smaller. Again, it feels good.

Simplifying has actually been pretty simple. And, while I may have only 'attacked' my emails and a pile of papers on my desk, this idea of simplifying has infiltrated more than that. It's become a kind of mantra - "keep it simple" - and we all know how much I love a good mantra!




No comments:

Post a Comment