Sunday 4 August 2013

Week 31 Update: I was going to invert ...

My plan for the past week was to invert - go upside down - every single day. Guess how many times I did it? About twice.

I didn't forget, I didn't get lazy. I got sick. Some germs overtook my system and bam - I was out for the count. It hurt to put my head down low, so bye-bye downward dogs, shoulderstands, headstands etc etc and hello couch time.

If you read my Week 31 post you'll recall I was worried about an impending deadline. Yeah, well, that deadline hung over my head all week. But mostly I ignored it. I found a minutes here and there to tackle what was left of my assignment, and those minutes strung together were enough to get something in. Something, but nothing perfect. You know what, though? I don't really care. It's not that I don't want to do well, I do. It's just that this week, looking after myself was far, far more important than polishing my assignment. The only thing I put above my own rest time was my son's well-being, because he's not quite at the stage of self sufficiency!

Even though I didn't go upside down, I think this week taught me the lesson I was supposed to learn. I thought that going upside down would help me gain and keep some perspective, keep my anxiety levels about my assignment in check, and give me a well-earned rest every day. Being sick did kind of the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment